Five Ways To Protect Your Small Business From A Ransomware Attack
Cyber security is a growing concern for both businesses and individuals, and the number of attacks and their complexity is growing drastically. One of the most devastating types of cyber-attack is ransomware. This is where cyber criminals hack into systems and take control of files, threatening to damage them unless a ransom is paid. Even if you manage to recover your files, the time and resources taken to do so will come at a cost, and the attack is likely to damage your company reputation and customer trust.
So What Can Businesses Do?
Although there is no set way to prevent a ransomware attack, here are some simple tips that your business can follow.
- Backup all files and data regularly so that if an attack occurs everything is recoverable in a timely manner.
- Know where all business-critical data is stored to ensure it is secure and increase response time of these areas if an attack occurs.
- Assess how likely your business is to be attacked, and which areas of business are most likely to be targeted.
- Provide regular employee cyber training so that they know what to be aware of. User error is one of the most easily preventable causes of cyber attacks as it can provide easy access for hackers.
- Act quickly! The sooner you identify a ransomware attack, the easier you will be able to react in preventing additional systems from being hacked.
For more information on how you can protect your business from disastrous ransomware attacks with cyber insurance, contact Cyberguru today. We can provide cyber liability insurance to meet your business needs, so you only pay for the level of cover you need. Get a free business cyber insurance quote here.